Download The ‘8 Keys To A Great Conference’ Free Guide Here
Are you planning an innovative event or are you looking for someone to influence, educate, inspire and motivate your team?
Creating memorable, impactful world-class events that deeply influence the way people feel, think and behave is Colin James’ forte. With global experience across multiple industries, Colin delivers standing ovation keynotes, facilitates profoundly engaging workshops, inspires teams with his leadership speaker skills, as well as commanding the crowd and managing conferences as a masterful MC. With this experience, he can also work with your conference speakers and panellists to ensure they deliver powerful, relevant and engaging presentations at your key corporate events.
- “Never have I come across such an original approach and genuinely engaging facilitator as Colin. The day has lead me to re-think my own approach to training and development, leadership and my career overall.”
- – Mike Wallace, MCW Aviation Consulting Pty Ltd
- Having worked with Boards, Executive Committees and Leadership Teams over many years, Colin can facilitate sessions on leadership strategy creation, leadership development and implementation, managing leadership dynamics, building leadership teams and leadership off-sites. Colin will ensure that he understands your objectives as well as the cultural dynamics and economic, competitive and strategic contexts the outcomes need to be achieved within. He will deliver an engagement which will be provocative, informative, galvanising, encouraging and deeply bonding to the degree necessary to fulfill the objectives. Colin is known for:
- Engaging even the most difficult participants
- Driving toward full commitment in developing strategic plans
- Supporting Boards, Exco’s and LT’s in engaging more effectively
- Colin is a specialist in facilitation including team building facilitation, workshop facilitation, course facilitation, meeting facilitation and more.
- “Colin James was simply outstanding and right-on-message for us. His humour, insight and personable approach made both his keynotes resonate with everyone in the room. He was definitely the highlight of the day. Thank you again for your work in ensuring our conference was a success.”
- – Chelle Brown, Sales Comms & Events Manager, Fairfax Media
- Colin is not the ‘motivational speaker’ type. Platitudes, sound bites and tired ‘Believe in yourself and anything is possible’ hyperbolic stuff is not what he does. His keynotes, whilst deeply engaging (and using much humour), also challenge and provoke whilst imparting practical depth and workable knowledge. Colin designs each keynote to client context and outcomes.
- Individually tailored, deeply researched, profoundly engaging keynotes
- Regularly identified as the ‘highlight of the conference’ whenever he speaks
- One of the very few who can deliver 4 hour keynotes and keep everyones attention riverted
- Averages 9.95 in his keynote ratings over the last 12 years
- As one of Australia’s best keynote speakers, Colin presentation will help the audience to process and embed the core messages running throughout your event.
Coach The Speaker
- “Thank you again for your insights, wisdom and consummate professionalism over the past few days. There is nothing more powerful than ideas – and I deeply value the new ones I gained from you this week. I look forward to using the new tools you have given me in my personal and professional life.”
- – Gideon Klein, Director, True North Partners
- Millions of dollars are spent on running events, conferences and off-sites every year. Whilst the organisational side of things is uniformly excellent the actual experience of the event can be a hit and miss affair. Colin coaches Executives, GM’s and the like to ensure their contributions at these events are superb, profoundly relevant and leave a lasting impression. Colin ensures your event delivers maximum return on your investment.
- Individual coaching on design and delivery by key contributors
- Coaching in event agenda design to ensure high value and deep engagement
- Designing compelling presentations without reliance on PowerPoint
- Colin specialises in business coaching and executive coaching in all cities of Australia including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Hobart.
With years of experience Colin James is a well known member of Australian speaker communities and is well regarded amongst Australian Speaker Bureaus. He is recognised as one of Australia’s leading Corporate Speakers, Educators and Facilitators. In addition he provides Presentation and Communication Coaching to C- suite executives.
Working with an extensive array of clients throughout Australasia, the Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA over the past 24 years has afforded Colin deep insight into what is required to design and deliver powerful and transformative communication in multiple contexts.
See Colin In Action
Colin’s Keynote Topics
– The Professional Employee –
The employee of the future will follow 10 rules
The employee who survives and thrives in the future will have to adopt the skills, qualities and attitudes of a true Professional.
Who is responsible for employee engagement? The employer? Of course. The employee? Definitely. It’s called a work ethic. This keynote challenges everyone to think about their level of professionalism in their approach to their jobs, their work and their careers. The Professional Employee operates at the highest standards in the toughest conditions.
– Followership –
Good leaders create good followers and good
followers create good leaders
Good leaders create good followers and good followers create good leaders. Sounds kind of obvious right? Leadership is evidently theoretically easy, hence, there are tens of thousands of books on the subject. Of course, it’s more complex than reading a book or article. What constitutes excellent leadership?
Does the answer lie in focusing on ‘Followership’? Followership challenges both Leaders in organisations (how to be a better leader) and employees (how to be a better ‘follower’).
– Beyond PowerPoint –
Make any presentation
This keynote is perfect when a huge dose of laughter is needed in a conference agenda. Colin ‘stumbles’ through all the elements that make for boring, dull, ‘dive-for-the-phone’ type presentations.
He demonstrates typical ‘PowerPoint paralysis’ style presentations, empty jargon-filled rhetoric, overly nervous and petrified delivery, rambling to the point of incoherence before unpacking the 6 elements that can make any presentation rock the house without using PowerPoint at all.
– The Engagement Myth –
How to improve employee engagement. Why it’s
not easy…but eminently possible
Millions of words have been written and uttered about employee engagement. Is it really the head honcho (leadership) that determines levels of engagement?
Colin James has been researching and analysing the ‘engagement thing’ his whole career. As a communicator, he has to ‘engage’ his audiences and build engagement regardless of how negative, hostile or shut down people might be. The session is a little confronting, deeply insightful, humorous and eminently practical.
– Managing The Change Game Brilliantly –
The secret to making change easier
How can we make change an easier and less complicated palaver?
You would think that with ALL the change everyone has been experiencing in their lives of late we would simply get better at managing change. Structural and organisational change often fails to understand and appreciate the psychology of change. Most adults hate change. Period. Colin unpacks the psychological change cycle and, once understood, lets people and teams manage the whole process far more effectively.
– Making The ‘Impossible’ Possible –
Release the grip on limiting beliefs
This session is a deeply powerful demonstration of the truth that what holds people back in their lives are limiting beliefs. Participants learn how to draw a fully rendered, artist quality portrait in ONE HOUR. A life-long belief such as “I can’t draw to save my life” is turned on its head in ONE HOUR.
The ultimate lesson from this session is this “If a life-long limiting belief can be changed in one hour what else do I (and we) need to question that could bring the changes I (and we) want in our lives (and organisations)?”
– The Art Of Storytelling –
Storytelling is a career building skill
Stories define us individually and collectively. The stories of the world’s great brands (think Apple and Steve Jobs) become legends.
Business stories communicate and connect with everyone. Using stories can shape and influence how people feel, think and behave more than almost any other form of communication. Effective stories can change opinions, they can inspire individuals and teams to achieve goals that many might think is ‘pie in the sky’ and they profoundly link key messages to memorable stories.
– The Skill Of Confidence –
Lizard management strategies
The ability to manage stress and handle anxiety is a skill. Productive people who manage challenging environments well, who have what looks like natural confidence, who flourish in perceived adversity have well developed Lizard Management Strategies.
This is a deeply powerful enables people to handle stress and anxiety immediately in their lives – professionally and personally. This can be a catalyst for both a cultural shift and for personal effectiveness to skyrocket.
What Clients Say About Colin
“Colin James was simply outstanding and right-on-message for us. His humour, insight and personable approach made both his keynotes resonate with everyone in the room. He was definitely the highlight of the day. Thank you again for your work in ensuring our conference was a success.” – Chelle Brown, Sales Comms & Events Manager, Fairfax Media
“Never have I come across such an original approach and genuinely engaging facilitator as Colin. The day has lead me to re-think my own approach to training and development, leadership and my career overall. Truly a ‘helium moment’ I will endeavour to keep hold of…” – Mike Wallace, Direction and Avitation Training Manager and Consultant, MCW Aviation Consulting Pty Ltd
“Thank you again for your insights, wisdom and consummate professionalism over the past few days. There is nothing more powerful than ideas – and I deeply value the new ones I gained from you this week. I look forward to using the new tools you have given me in my personal and professional life.” – Gideon Klein, Director, True North Partners
“Colin models leadership engagement from the front of the room. He skilfully takes seemingly complex matters and puts them into simple terms. Colin’s elegance of design and the art of delivery is second to none.” – Dr Yvonne Su, CSP Specialist Leadership Development Group
“Please pass our sincere thanks to Colin James for his exceptional contribution to our National Sales Conference last week. Every time I work with Colin I’m surprised and delighted – he never disappoints and he was so on brief – we were thrilled with the outcome. His session really resonated with our team.” – Charle Howard, Sales Implementation Manager, Asteron Life
What Colin James Delivers…
|Briefing call to unpack your business needs|
|Tailored content to meet your event outcomes|
|A memorable delivery of your message|
|Debrief post event to ensure your expectations were met|